The establishment of the Deanery Library is officially dated to 1819, when on the initiative of Jan Brzuska (1757-1840), a parish priest and dean from Cieszyn, a group of clergymen and laymen entered into an agreement, pursuant to which they bought the history of Christianity in 15 volumes and obliged future deans to protect this work and make it available to local priests. Over time, Reverend Jan Brzuska incorporated his own book collection (today, it includes 331 volumes) and collections gathered by former parish priests into the Deanery Library. All the books bore stickers saying Teschner Decanat Bibliothek. In 1838, when the parish was taken over by Reverend Jan Koziar, the handover report noted that the parish library consisted of 980 volumes. In the 19th century, subsequent parish priests, deans and cardinal vicars from Cieszyn kept adding new books to the library. At a later stage, the remnants of book collections created by a few Catholic organizations from Cieszyn Silesia, as well as the remnants of the Library of Polish Theologians in Vidnava were incorporated into the Deanery Library as well. Today, the Deanery Library consists of 4196 volumes of printed works, including 5 incunabula, 1856 old prints, 1979 non-serial publications from the 19th and 20th century, and 356 volumes of journals. The book collection also includes some manuscripts, namely 57 bound volumes and 376 loose items. The majority of books are in German, but there are also quite a few prints in Latin and Polish, whereas materials in Czech and in other languages are the least numerous. Thematically, the foremost position is occupied by religious works (2/3 of the whole collection). When it comes to lay literature, there is an interesting and a quite large collection of works about Cieszyn dating back to the 19th and the 20th century. The remaining works are thematically varied. We can guess that they reflect the interests of subsequent library guardians and donators. Since 2002, the Deanery Library has been deposited in Cieszyn Library.